With the latest launch of our new generation of PowerEdge servers, we have delivered buyers with a bedrock on which to build their modern-day facts middle. These are also the 1st generation of servers created in the merger or Dell, EMC, and VMware, realizing the real likely of buyer-concentrated style and design.
1 of the most significant buyer troubles is the require to adapt and grow their infrastructure as their workloads modify. They also require smarter administration and automation equipment to assistance retain the system straightforward as their facts middle gets a lot more intricate.
OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter (OMIVV) addresses this require by bringing simplified administration of the entire server infrastructure — bodily and digital — into the vCenter console.
By supplying exceptional cluster-degree components views straight in vCenter, the OMIVV plug-in simplifies the system for scaling and implementing updates to numerous Dell EMC hosts in a single workflow.
OMIVV includes these important abilities:
- Checking and alerting: Get considerable particulars for stock, checking and alerting, and suggested vCenter actions based mostly on Dell EMC components alerts
- Deployment and provisioning: Execute “Zero-Touch” bare-metallic hypervisor deployment with out PXE — leveraging iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller
- Firmware updates: Deploy server BIOS and firmware updates from vCenter
- Hardware administration: Access and renew all components warranties on line by way of the OMIVV console
An optional OpenManage vROps Administration Pack is incorporated with the licensing of OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter. This administration pack brings components objects, wellbeing and alerts into vRealize as objects and dashboards. It includes these excellent options:
- Checking and alerting: Provides components wellbeing metrics, efficiency facts, and events from managed PowerEdge servers / chassis into vROps
- Higher-degree reporting: Offers thorough reviews and views of server and chassis information and facts across the OMIVV v4.1 managed environment
- Hardware contextual mapping: Maps bodily associations with vROps objects for simplified troubleshooting
OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter and PowerEdge servers are important components of the modern-day facts middle. Moreover, our smart administration equipment not only enable your infrastructure to prosper, they retain points straightforward and protected as you scale.
Dell EMC also provides OpenManage Electric power Heart – the 1st server administration remedy in the industry to give digital (VM) specific electricity mapping. It permits you to determine the finest placement of workloads and VMs based mostly on electricity consumption in the servers and VMs themselves. Also, OMPC 4. permits proportional electricity consumption for chargeback, down to the individual VM. This signifies house owners of apps are only charged for what they are really utilizing.
Dell EMC’s OpenManage devices administration portfolio provides useful innovation concentrated on simplifying and automating the entire IT lifecycle. For a lot more information and facts on the entire portfolio, visit dell.com/en-us/get the job done/study/company-devices-administration.